Sunday, July 29, 2012

Only imagine...

Last night, I was blessed to be the guest of my mother-in-law at a concert.  Now, some of you, or perhaps most of you, may not either know this group, or like this group, but I both know it and LOVE it.  Il Divo - four singers - Swiss tenor Urs Buhler, baritone Carlos Marin from Spain, the French pop artist Sebastien Izambard and tenor David Miller from the USA - gave an amazing concert!  The blend of voices is like nothing else... well, except perhaps some LAJ singers, but I digress...  Il Divo means "divine male performer" in Italian, something fans of the group agree is a fitting title!  Over 2 1/2 hours of heavenly music and we left wanting more...

Heaven... it's going to be a lot more than 2 1/2 hours of heavenly music.  And... we won't be leaving, but we will be wanting more.  Well, I don't know that for sure, but I can sure guess it to be true!  Singing, praising, loving... and being in the presence of God forever - it's beyond anything I can possible imagine or grasp with my finite mind.  I cannot imagine not being there... can you?

And how might you know you will be there?  Glad you asked!  You see, God makes it very clear in the Bible that we need to believe.  And God knows our heart, whether or not we truly believe.  Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?  I mean, really believe it!  'Cause He is, you know - yes, He came to earth as a human, but look at the things He did, the miracles He performed, the healings that happened, etc.  Yes, He died at the hands of those who hated Him for what He did and who He was.  But yes, He rose from the dead - He was not in the tomb in which His body was buried.  And... He appeared to people after His death, telling them He will indeed be with them and come back for them, so they get to spend forever with Him.  It's all true, you know... it's in the Bible. 

  • Do you believe? 
  • Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God? 
  • Do you believe you have done things in your life that are not what God would have you do? 

We all have, you know - it's called a word some people don't like, but hey, it is what it is - sin.  Sin is simply anything that isn't from God.  We all do it because we're human, but we all can stop doing it, or at least work towards that, if we want to.  Actually, we can't do it, but God can do it in our lives.  Yup, we just need to believe. 

If you are not a believer, Jesus is calling you to be one.  It's a matter of truly wanting to stop doing the things you are doing, and saying to God that you want to try things His way.  God loves you so much, and wants you to come to know Him.  He does.  It's true!  Will you?  Listening to Il Divo was like a bit of heaven here on earth, but it doesn't even begin to approach what I imagine heaven will be like.  Not that heavenly music should be an inspiration, but hey, imagine what it will be like to spend forever in heaven with God - we can only imagine!  But it's up to you...  If you want to, pray this prayer with me:

God, I know I am away from you.  I am sorry for the things I do that hurt you.  Please forgive me for this; help me to turn away from these things, and do the things you want me to do, and be the person you want me to be.  Come into my heart and help me to live a life pleasing to you.  Amen.

If you have done this, please let me know: pastored777@gmail.com

God loves you - know this!
And just in case you missed it... God loves you - know this!

Someday, all believers will be experiencing heaven, and perhaps we all might be considered "Il Divo", male or female!  I can only imagine... how about you?

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment