Saturday, July 28, 2012

F A I T H

So, how are you and God today?  I mean, are you feeling His presence in your life in a strong way?  Wondering where He is, perhaps?  Hmm... wonder no more - read this amazing Bible passage from a very modern translation:

Habakkuk 3: 17-19 (The Message)
Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen, though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted, though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty, I'm singing joyful praise to God.  I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Saviour God.  Counting on God's Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength.  I run like a deer.  I feel like I'm king of the mountain!

Doesn't that kind of make you want to just jump up and down for joy!  Every time I read this passage, I feel that way.  God is here, with me, never leaves me, always there for me.  And for you.  And for each of us.  Always.  Through the good times.  Through the bad times.  Through times when life just sucks - and you know it does sometimes!  Through it all...  we can have faith in God, 'cause He just never leaves us, or fails us.

Faith is trusting in God even when you don't feel Him, or see what He's doing, or when you're wondering why, or how, or whatever.  Faith is trusting that God will always be God, no matter what kind of stuff life throws your way.  Faith is always feeling that assurance of God's presence, even if we don't always like what He is doing in/with us, and even when we wonder what in the world is going on!  In all of life's ups and downs, God is that even ground where we can know He is there for us... always...

  • Have you been through times when you doubted God?
  • In those times, what did you do?  Get closer to Him?  Run from Him?
  • Will you trust God, have faith in Him... today and always?

Through all that happens in life, God is there.  Through all that happens in life, God is there.  (repetition intended - we really DO need to know this!)  Just have FAITH!


PRAYER
God, when I doubt, give me faith.  When I wonder, and you don't always give me answers, give me faith.  Thank you, God, for your assurance of always being there, no matter what.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment