Monday, November 19, 2012

New Life


"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvellous - how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed"
The author?  God
The book?  Psalm 139: 13-16

God made every human being.  God had His hand in all aspects of creation, including creation of humans.  There was a plan, there was deliberation.  No accident - God doesn't do accidents!

Isaac was born on November 18, a small bundle of joy.  Looking at him yesterday, I thought to myself that no one, gazing upon new life such as this, could ever begin to doubt God.  Oh, people do - don't get me wrong - but seriously, how might this little person have been 'put together' unless there was someone doing it, and unless there was something deliberate in mind!  Many think that the universe was created when all of nothing suddenly made a big bang and - amazingly - Earth was created, along with all the people and things in it.  Just like that.  Just appeared out of nowhere, all by itself - something out of nothing created by no one.  Hmm...

The account of creation in Genesis, in the Bible, says that 'in the beginning, God created...'; in other words, something out of nothing created by... ah, God!  Created by someone.  Not a person, but by God.  And God also created all the things of the earth, and He also created humans.  Thinking of how intricate the human body is - doesn't that just have to mean NO accident! 

Isaac - and all other babies - are created by God. 

So the next time you wonder what's the point of life, or if you are really accomplishing anything, or that you are not-so-goodlooking, remember this:

"The God who created the universie also intricately wove you together.  You're no accident"

Funny how it sometimes takes new life to happen, in order to fully 'get' that God doesn't do accidents!
Thank God for new life; thank God for being God.

Welcome to this world, all new lives.  Welcome to this world created by God.  Welcome to those who were created by the God who created all there is.  Always know you are not accidents, but that God created you, and loves you, and will always be there for you.  That's right - just look areound and you will see God in everything and in everyone - new life all over the place!

Thank you, God, for all new life; thank you God, for creating all life anew.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment