Saturday, September 15, 2012

Imagine...


Imagine indeed!  Do YOU know you are loved?  Who loves you?  Family?  Friends?  Perfect strangers?  We all have someone who loves us, even if we don't really know this in our hearts.  Sometimes we have been 'burned' by people in life, and we tend not to trust, not to believe anyone can really love us.  Perhaps we've been so 'bad' in our lives - in our opinion, at least - that we don't think anyone can really love us.  And so we live out our lives feeling unloved and incapable of giving love.  And that sucks...

READ:  Romans 8:39

"Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Not feeling loved or capable of giving love sucks because the Bible tellls us about Someone who SO loves everyone.  That's right - EVERYONE!  That means He loves you in spite of what you've done, in spite of who you are, in spite of where you've been, and most especially just because He is God and He is love! 

Do you still feel unloved?  Do you still feel you cannot love others?  C'mon, how are you able to feel this way after reading Romans 8:39?  I mean, seriously, NOTHING, but NOTHING, but NOTHING is able to EVER, EVER, EVER separate us - you, me, everyone - from the love of God.  You might run, you might hide (or try to, at least!), you might tell God to take a short walk off a long wharf, but in the end, GOD STILL LOVES YOU AND HE ALWAYS WILL.  Yup, and guess what?  YOU are never able to escape that fact.  You might have done really bad things, and you might have been known as a really bad person, and you might have said some really bad things, and... well, you get the drift!  But GOD LOVES YOU!  Oh, that everyone who breathes would know that - REALLY know that. 

GOD LOVES YOU!
Did  you hear that?
Let me repeat that, in case you went temporarily deaf...
GOD LOVES YOU!

  • Do you know that God loves you?
  • Have you felt God's love for you today?
  • Are you loving others today, like God loves you?

My hope is that, as you read this, you will know that GOD LOVES YOU!  (Oh, those caps just come on everytime I write that - weird, huh!).  My hope is that you will feel, from the tips of your toes to the top of your head, the LOVE OF GOD.  Personally, I want to know God's love for me so much, that it just spills out of me, and splashes onto everyone with whom I come in contact.  And if you know me, you know that sometimes happens, but not often enough.  God, help me to show your love to anyone, everyone...

May this be YOUR prayer, too! 
Oh, did I mention - GOD LOVES YOU!

PRAYER
God, thank you for loving me.  Help me to show your love to others.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment