Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lots on my plate...

Have you ever had one of those days/weeks/months/years, perhaps, when it feels like you just have way too much on your plate?  That your plate is full and what's continuing to be piled on it just gets higher, and higher, and... well, high enough to threaten any equilibrium there may be left?  You know you have had times like this, 'cause we all have!  I have... and do... well, not a ton of stuff per se but at times, it feels like it...

READ:  1 Peter 5: 6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Did you read what this says?  Give God all the stuff that you find is piling up around you, and burying you with its weight, because God cares for you.  GOD CARES FOR YOU!  Know it, k, 'cause it's true.  God is so big and so awesome that He can take all the stuff we can't handle on our own and He can and does handle it.  God knows we can't handle all the stuff we tend to find dragging us down; God also knows how much we are able to handle, and won't give us more than we are able to handle. 

  • What do you do when you find life pressing in on you from all sides?
  • What do you think you should do?
  • How do you think you would feel if you just gave that extra stuff to God to handle?

If we realize that we are unable to do everything on our own, and we humble ourselves before God, who IS able to handle everything, God will give us that boost we really need, so we can get out from under the burden of our life-stuff.  But God isn't going to just take the burden away - He wants us to give it to Him.  You see, He wants us to have faith that will allow us to know He is able to do what we cannot do. 

I realize I have a lot on my plate at times (like now!), but I also realize that God is SO much bigger than me and SO much bigger than my burdens.  So when I am feeling like my plate (my life) is overflowing, I also know that I can 'unload' some of this stuff on God, and He lets me do this because He loves me so much!

So, how about it?  What are YOU going to do about all that cr... er, stuff in your life that threatens to bury you under its weight? 

PRAYER
God, thank you for being the one who can take the load of life off my shoulders.  Thank you for loving me so much that you want to do this.  Help me to have more and more faith, so that I might trust you more and more, and be more effective in what I do for you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment